The advent of ‘open banking’ is set to be the most seismic shift in financial services since the advent of online banking. Driven on the one hand by regulation such as PSD2 which is designed to increase competition in the marketplace, and on the other by growing customer demand for choice, fuelled by tech-savvy, client-centric new entrants, the move to open banking, underpinned by open APIs, is forcing all players in the financial services business to rethink their business models.
Join Finextra and Fiserv on Thursday 18th May 2017 at 15:00 UK time to participate in a webinar that will bring together expert speakers from financial institutions, technology experts, as well as Finextra and Fiserv, to dig deeply into what the world of open banking will look like, the options banks have to reinvent their business models for success in this new world, and the technology requirements this reinvention creates.
The moderated panel discussion will address a number of key questions, including:
- How will the API economy reshape banking?
- What are the business model options for banks – marketplace, platform, others – and how should banks choose the best route for them?
- What demands do the move to open APIs and these new operating models make of banks’ technology infrastructures, and how can they source the innovations they need in a sustainable way?
- How can barriers in areas such as data privacy and security be tackled and overcome?
- Are banks doing enough to engage the developer community, and what more could they do?
- How can banks become truly customer centric in an age of open banking?
- What can new entrants teach banks on technology choice? Will future players consume technology in a totally different way?
Register for this webinar and gain actionable insights into how to succeed in the world of open banking.