For a second year in a row, First National Bank (FNB) leads with the strongest reputation within the South African financial banking industry. This was according to the 2017 RepTrak Pulse Survey™ released earlier this week. FNB ranked well in the dimension drivers of Products/Services, Innovation, Workplace, Leadership and Performance.
Measured via an online representative sample of the general public in South Africa, the survey revealed the reputations of the biggest and most visible companies in South Africa.
“As economic conditions tighten, customers place an even higher premium on trust and the ability of a brand to exceed their needs. Our ability to provide new services that enhance trust and add value for our customers has been underlined in the 2017 RepTrak Pulse Survey™. We empower our customers to ‘help themselves’ with the aim of achieving their goals and transforming their lives. This emotional connection is what drives the FNB brand and resonates with our customers,” says Virginia Magapatona, FNB Corporate Affairs Executive.
The survey sited that in order to win the support and trust of consumers, companies need to engage on all 7 dimension drivers which includes: Products/Services, Governance, Workplace, Citizenship, Leadership, Innovation and Performance. It further highlighted that building a company specific reputation platform across these dimensions is the key to success in the reputation economy.
Challenging the ethos of traditional banking with innovative digital solutions has helped solidify FNB’s pioneering status within the industry.
“FNB strives to be a seamless extension of our customer’s daily lives. Our ongoing focus on ‘help’, has defined us as an innovative digital lifestyle bank that gives our customers the platform to integrate banking into their lifestyles,” concludes Magapatona.
Earlier this year, FNB was awarded as the Best Retail Bank in Southern Africa in the Banker Africa awards and received global recognition as one of the world’s most powerful banking brands, ranked 4th in the banking category of Brand Finance’s Brand Strength Index (BSI) for 2017.
FNB accolades 2016 & 2017
- SA’s Coolest Bank – Sunday Times Generation Next Survey 2012 – 2017
- Sunday Times Top Brands Survey #1 Business Bank 2013 – 2016
- Bank with the Strongest Reputation – 2015 – 2017 RepTrak™ Pulse Survey
- Awarded most innovative MVNO in the 2015 and 2016 Telecoms.com Awards.
- Voted the best digital bank, internet banking site and mobile banking experience in South Africa by SAcsi Survey 2016 and Columinate Internet Banking SITEisfaction Survey 2016
- FNB has been awarded Best Islamic Banking Offering by Banker Africa at the Annual Southern African Banking Awards 2016
- The FNB Banking App has been awarded the 2016 Best in Customer Experience Award at the international Bank Customer Experience (BCX) Summit in Chicago, USA
- BASA (Business and Arts SA) Chairman’s Premier Award 2016 for the FNB JoburgArtFair
- FNB recognized as the Best Online Financial Services Platform 2016 in the PriceCheck Tech & e-Commerce Awards
- Most Innovative Bank in Africa – 2016 African Fintech Awards
- Lafferty Global Awards 2017 – Excellence in mobile banking, jointly awarded to FNB and Sterling Bank of Nigeria (press release 12 Dec 2016, awards ceremony January 2017)
- Globally recognized as SA’s best foreign exchange provider by Global Finance World’s best FX Providers 2017
- Ranked Africa’s most powerful banking brand by Brand Finance Banking 500 Report – 2017