ANZ today announced a financial assistance package for customers impacted by bushfires in northern and central Queensland.
ANZ encouraged impacted customers to contact the bank to discuss their ability to access measures in the financial relief package, including:
- The ability to suspend repayments on loans, including credit cards, for up to three months (which may include interest capitalisation)
- Temporary interest rate relief on lending for customers experiencing extreme financial distress in areas impacted by the bushfires
- Waiving of fees associated with restructuring business loans considered necessary due to fire impacts
- Access to term deposits early without incurring any fees
- Assistance for affected customers with ANZ Home and Contents insurance as they may be eligible for measures such as emergency funds and temporary accommodation
ANZ General Manager North QLD & Northern Territory, Tony Tapsall said: “It’s devastating to see the impact of these fast-moving bushfires as they spread across Queensland. We understand from authorities that the threat is far from over with dangerous conditions expected to continue over coming days.
“It’s a terrible time for the people and communities in the path of these fires who face the prospect of losing their homes and businesses. We hope this assistance package helps them as they face these destructive conditions,” Mr Tapsall said.
ANZ’s customers affected in Queensland are encouraged to visit their local branch if they are able or to contact their relationship manager to discuss the impact on their business or personal circumstances.
Customers can also contact ANZ’s dedicated financial hardship team on 1800 149 549 or anz.com/hardship.
To lodge an insurance claim, customers can call 13 16 14 or visit anz.com/insuranceclaims